[mapserver-dev] Request for review/comments on RFC 85 (Contour Layer Rendering)

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Thu Sep 20 10:38:29 PDT 2012

Mike,

   That was my thinking; I was trying to see if we could avoid using
CONNECTIONTYPE to solve a problem we ran into with TILEINDEX. (when we
only had the DATA 'shapefile' method of specifying the source).

   And it got me thinking of the other kinds of hybrid processing might
do in the future:
DEM -> vector lines (contouring)
DEM -> image (hillshade, etc)
image -> DEM (photogrammetry, not likely!)
raster -> vector point symbols( vector field rendering, )
  :

Or maybe it is better left to WPS...

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser