[mapserver-dev] Request for review/comments on RFC 85 (Contour Layer Rendering)

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Mar 26 11:35:25 PDT 2013

On 13-03-26 2:20 PM, Brent Fraser wrote:

> Something for future consideration: contour labeling - blanking/clipping
> contour lines (but not other features) under the bound box of the
> contour labels.

Hi Brent,

We just discussed this here... that would be nice, but a bit expensive
to do on the fly as you would need to perform all collision detection
(across all layers with labels) before rendering the contour lines,
likely requiring multiple passes on the data. We got answers around the
table ranging from "just use an opaque BG color for the label
(geomtransform labelpoly)" to "anything is possible given enough time
and money".  :-)

Cheers

--
Daniel Morissette