[mapserver-dev] Complex Text Rendering

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Thu May 16 05:39:10 PDT 2013

Devs,

While I was initially planning on sending this as an email, here's a RFC
online version for adding support for complex text shaping and layout in
mapserver.

http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-98.html

(raw version here until the website gets updated:
https://github.com/mapserver/docs/blob/branch-6-2/en/development/rfc/ms-rfc-98.txt)

This is a major development with widespread changes and implication, and
along with RFC91 (layer filter normalization) probably calls for a 7.0
release.

Note that this RFC is still incomplete, and needs quite a bit of work in
order to go into the details. I'm putting it up in this state to hopefully
get early comments and a feel of the temperature before moving forwards
with it.

Best regards,
thomas