[mapserver-dev] MapServer 7.0 Release (yes it will happen)

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Tue Feb 10 13:41:37 PST 2015

Hi all,

Here at the OSGeo Code Sprint in Philadelphia we really like to push to
finally make a first beta for our 7.0 release happen. We started with a
release plan on the wiki [1]. Thomas volunteered to act as release
manager, many thanks.

Thus I'd like to initiate a vote on appointing Thomas as release manager
for the 7.0 release and start with releasing a beta1 on Thursday
February 12, 2015 and start with my +1.

Please let us know if there is anything that needs to be considered.

[1] https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/MapServer-7.0-Release-Plan