[mapserver-dev] ScribeUI on Google Summer of Code 2015

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Tue Mar 24 10:41:41 PDT 2015

Hi Samuel – Welcome! I’m not a regular ScribeUI user (yet) so hard for me to get super specific. You might also want to ping the MapServer-Users mailing list for ideas. One thing I have wondered about is being able to somehow provide a user shortcuts or wizards for more complex (or tedious) configurations. Things like:

·         hollow roads or

·         anything labels

For 7.0, Thomas added some great support Layer Compositing  (RFC 113) but I wonder if some common effects could somehow be made easier to implement or maybe just visualize via ScribeUI.

Steve