[mapserver-dev] MOTION to adopt RFC 118 - Vendor-specific WMS FILTER param

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Aug 16 02:12:37 PDT 2017

Hi,

One thing that came late into my mind: it will be rather easy to write FILTER params which are very heavy to execute in the database. Same applies to SLD, see https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/4703, and because of that server admin can deny the use of SLD by setting ows_sld_enabled metadata into false.

Unlike  %variable% it is not easy to validate OGC filters, but should we have at least a method for disabling it with some metadata like “wms_filter_enabled”

-Jukka Rahkonen-