[mapserver-dev] Skip failures when drawing a map

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Feb 21 12:40:37 PST 2017

On 2/21/2017 3:26 PM, Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> Hi Devs,
>
> Would that be a reasonable option to skip layers which are failing to
> draw and don't abort the entire drawing session?
> If yes, should that be a per-layer or per-map setting?

Tamas,

How is the layer failing? this is probably key to the problem.

For example we already have CONFIG ON_MISSING_DATA "IGNORE", what other
failures should we ignore?

Maybe:

CONFIG ON_CONNECTION_FAILURE "IGNORE"
CONFIG ON_BAD_DATA_FILE "IGNORE"
others?

Some of these may or may not be easy to recover from.

-Steve W

---