[mapserver-dev] LABEL BUFFER behavior changes

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Mon Jul 17 17:40:35 PDT 2017

Since symbol scale is applied to the label size and corresponding symbols it seems reasonable to scale the buffer accordingly. The old computation seems insufficient too. Problem is that you can't control the min/max buffer size. That could lead to some odd behavior. Could use min/max labels sizes to constrain buffer values.

Did you happen to identify the commit that accompanied the change? There were some some broad label refactoring RFCs where this probably happened.

Steve