[mapserver-dev] Python MapScript

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Tue Apr 10 10:43:37 PDT 2018

Thanks all for the support. The full test suite is being resurrected which will help check which parts of the API have changed from the docs (thanks to @claudep - see https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/5572).

One question it would be good to get input on is for versioning. In PyPI you can only change deployment packages by changing version number.

I'd propose versioning following MapServer versioning (as the package will need to match the binaries), with an additional descriptor at the end to allow for some beta releases and patches. This follows  PEP 440 guidelines [1].

e.g. 7.0.7a1, 7.0.7rc1, 7.0.7, 7.0.7.post1 etc.

Seth

[1] https://packaging.python.org/tutorials/distributing-packages/#standards-compliance-for-interoperability

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk