[mapserver-dev] Proposing 7.2 release schedule...

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Apr 30 08:50:15 PDT 2018

+1 since we really need to get that release out.

But my silence was because we need a release manager for this plan to
happen, and without one the +1's are of little use.  I'd happily
volunteer to do it if I had the time, but unfortunately I'm already
overcommitted.

Daniel

On 2018-04-23 3:17 PM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:
> Hi all: I think we’re pretty darn close to getting a release out. I’d
> like to propose the following:
>
> ·Feature Freeze - Tuesday, May 1^st – All new features would have to be
> in master by the end of the day on 5/1, basically establishing an alpha
> version.
>
> ·Beta 1 – Tuesday, May 8^th
>
> ·Beta 2 – Tuesday, May 15^th
>
> ·Release Candidate – Tuesday, May 22^nd
>
> ·7.2.0 Release – Tuesday, May 29^th
>
> This would allow us to meet deadlines associated with OSGeo Live. Also
> need a volunteer to serve as the release manager…
>
> Thoughts? To aggressive or not aggressive enough?
>
> --Steve

Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc
T: +1 418-696-5056 #201