[mapserver-dev] Anyone know of any attempts at replicating a (ESRI) REST API as a service?

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 10:14:33 PDT 2018

bobb: I know from an OGC feature perspective there is work going on for WFS 3 [1][2]
which is a _clean break_ from OGC's past and moving towards OpenAPI, REST JSON and the like.

Having said this, it would important to discuss these changes in the context of future
development of MapServer given the changes will affect the architecture of how MapServer
WFS (and likely additional OGC standards moving forward) is configured and deployed.

Cheers

..Tom

[1] https://github.com/opengeospatial/WFS_FES
[2] https://medium.com/@cholmes/wfs-3-0-get-excited-yes-8e904fdbcc0