[mapserver-dev] Testing PROJ 5.0.0 release candidates

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Feb 24 15:40:51 PST 2018

Update: MapServer and PROJ v5 were in fact reprojecting my test map, but
I was confused because (I was testing MS4W packages Mapbender and
GeoMOOSE demos) in fact the GeoMOOSE demo opening map was totally blank
(it should be a parcels line layer).  I went down rabbit holes trying to
find what was happening with PROJ v5 not displaying that data in
GeoMOOSE and MapServer......when in fact if I zoom out a bit the layer
is displayed properly (meaning the data extents have changed in the
displayed EPSG:3857 with PROJ v5).

I'll report to GeoMOOSE team.

Of course it could only be a mistake in my testing environment.

Sorry for all this noise here.

-jeff