[mapserver-dev] Dropping Version Output?

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 07:21:11 PST 2022

I should never send an email and then go to bed... great discussion!
Anyway, I was thinking about this in terms of version obfuscation for
security purposes. I mean why advertise that specific information if you
don't have to - at least make it a little challenging (and check a box).
Obfuscating you're using mapserver altogether would be much more difficult,
if not impossible. I could see doing things like supporting customizable
error templates, suppressing function names in error messages, etc...
Certainly not fool proof of course.

I think the configuration file can really provide value here...

--Steve