[MapServer-dev] MapServer version information in error messages

Nash, Edward E.Nash at dvz-mv.de
Wed Jan 25 07:46:59 PST 2023

I'd be +1 on sending as little information about the server as possible (aka "secure") by default.

Whatever the technical merits, this one always comes up on security checklists, and anything that makes it harder to forget to set everything up correctly is fine by me - assuming the documentation of how to get the version details for debugging is clear and easy to find (as an FAQ, or maybe in a new "Troubleshooting" section in the docs?).

Best regards,

Ed