[MapServer-dev] MapServer Sponsorship Links

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Sat Jan 13 12:22:29 PST 2024

Hi devs/PSC,

Following on from the OSGeo Budget discussions, I've made some updates to the wiki to make it easier to sponsor MapServer. Pages are listed in a new PSC section [1]:

- A page with links to previous OSGeo Budgets - https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/wiki/Budget
- A new sponsorship page - https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/wiki/Sponsorship. This is based on the wiki page used in the pygeoapi project [2]. I'll send a request to the OSGeo board mailing list to add this link to the main sponsors page at https://github.com/sponsors/OSGeo (MapServer is notably absent from this page).
- As mentioned previously there is a page of 2024 sponsorship opportunities at https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/wiki/MapServer-2024-Sponsorship-Opportunities

In the event that organisations step-up up and sponsor the project, there are a couple of places where sponsors are listed:

1. The docs page at https://mapserver.org/development/sponsors.html. The last date on the page is 2007, so I'm not sure if this is kept updated or if no sponsors have requested public acknowledgement.
2. The Credits section at https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer#credits. This seems to be a mix of development credits and sponsors.

I presume the first link would be the page to update?

Seth

[1] https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/wiki/#project-steering-committee
[2] https://github.com/geopython/pygeoapi/wiki/Sponsorship

--