[MapServer-dev] MVT and WMS STYLES and FILTERS

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Fri Jan 19 02:01:53 PST 2024

Hi Jukka,

It would work in exactly the same way as a WMS request. So filtering would only be done if a LAYER has been created with multiple GROUPs for styles, and features are filtered in a group out as part of CLASS expressions. For example if there is a GROUP "primary_roads" that only displays primary roads then adding &STYLE=primary_roads to a request would only return primary roads in the MVT request. This would match the content of the WMS request. The client would still be free to use an empty default style using &STYLE=

It would be nice if the MapServer tile mode also allowed MVT as an output format https://mapserver.org/output/tile_mode.html - this matches more the way GeoServer works, rather than using the WMS interface.

Seth

--
web:https://geographika.net & https://mapserverstudio.net
twitter: @geographika