[MapServer-dev] MapServer 8.2 Release Plan

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Mar 27 12:59:14 PDT 2024

Hi all,

There has been so much activity lately, that it seemed better to wait
until the changes were completed/committed.  I haven't started the
release candidates process for that reason.  I am going to also include
a MapCache release during this same effort.  (it's great to see Bjorn's
efforts, I've been watching closely, thanks again Bjorn!!)

I guess the big question is, are we all ok with starting a
feature-freeze as of now?

-jeff

On 2024-03-27 4:24 p.m., Seth G via MapServer-dev wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm assuming the release date for 8.2 won't be the end of March date listed in the wiki at [1].
> The Skia Renderer pull request that had a few updates this week [2] - are we planning to wait for this for the 8.2 release? Has anyone been in contact with Bjorn about it?
>
> Seth
>
> [1] https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/wiki/MapServer-8.2-Release-Plan
> [2] https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/pull/6574
>
> --
> web:https://geographika.net & https://mapserverstudio.net
> twitter: @geographika

Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, & offering MapServer Consulting/Dev
co-founder of FOSS4G
http://gatewaygeo.com/