[Mapserver-inspire] Advertizing the INSPIRE default style (Implementation Requirement 42)

Passmore, James H. jpass at bgs.ac.uk
Thu Apr 14 11:16:46 EDT 2011

Hi Bart,

I may have misread this, but as far as I can work out the requirement is that the default style should be called "inspire_common:DEFAULT".  As I am only providing one style for each layer I just have to rename it.

Therefore I just need to set:  CLASSGROUP "inspire_common:DEFAULT" in each layer of the map file, and then in each LAYER CLASS add a GROUP "inspire_common:DEFAULT" value

e.g.
    CLASSGROUP "inspire_common:DEFAULT"
    CLASSITEM "Lith_1"

CLASS
    NAME "Mudstone"
    GROUP "inspire_common:DEFAULT"
    EXPRESSION "urn:cgi:classifier:CGI:SimpleLithology:201001:clastic_mudstone"
    COLOR 178 140 89
END
CLASS
    NAME "Sandstone"
    GROUP "inspire_common:DEFAULT"
    EXPRESSION "urn:cgi:classifier:CGI:SimpleLithology:201001:clastic_sandstone"
    COLOR 242 218 121
END
CLASS
    NAME "Clay"
    GROUP "inspire_common:DEFAULT"
    EXPRESSION "urn:cgi:classifier:CGI:SimpleLithology:201001:clay"
    COLOR 250 242 191
END

In my newly updated service this gives me:

                <Style>
                    <Name>inspire_common:DEFAULT</Name>
                    <Title>inspire_common:DEFAULT</Title>
                    <LegendURL width="280" height="828">
                        <Format>image/png</Format>
                        <OnlineResource xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xlink:type="simple"
                            xlink:href="http://ogc.bgs.ac.uk/BGS_Bedrock_and_Surface_Geology/wms.php?version=1.3.0&amp;service=WMS&amp;request=GetLegendGraphic&amp;sld_version=1.1.0&amp;layer=BGS.1M.surface.GeologicUnit&amp;format=image/png&amp;STYLE=inspire_common:DEFAULT"
                        />
                    </LegendURL>
                </Style>

Is this your understanding of the requirement?

James