New User Questions

Cameron Shorter camerons at cat.org.au
Wed Jun 23 07:03:21 EDT 1999

Hello mapserver-users,

I've just subscribed to this list, so am not sure of the protocols yet.
I'm installing mapserver with the intent of providing bicycle maps for
people in Sydney/Australia.

So far I have a number of questions:
1. Is this email list achived?
2. Is there any version control of the software and demos (like CVS) and if
so, is it possible to get read access to it so I can determine if a bug has
been fixed before reporting it.
3. So far I have installed the demo (version 3.217) and I get the following
error message when I press the "Initialize" button on
http://www.cat.org.au/mapserv/ms_demo/demo_init.html :

An error has occurred in loadJoin(): Unknown identifier.
(data/lakejoin.dbf):(117)

I've found that I can fix the problem by commenting out QUERYITEM from
demo.map :

#  QUERYITEM usclass
#  QUERY
#    EXPRESSION "421"
#    TEMPLATE lakes.html
#    JOIN "data/lakejoin.dbf" islake "type"
#  END
#  QUERY
#  EXPRESSION "^-"
#    TEMPLATE land.html
#    JOIN "data/lakejoin.dbf" islake "type"
#  END

You can see this working at
http://www.cat.org.au/mapserv/ms_demo2/demo_init.html .
Of course the queries don't work.  So my question is how do I get the
queries to work?

Cameron Shorter
61.2.9901-1596 work.