Version 3.215

Rob Atkinson rob at socialchange.net
Thu May 13 19:29:32 EDT 1999

Good one Stephen!

Particularly the move form the .h to the .ini file. That'll make binary distributions
feasible.

Q. Is there any way to set the returned projection from the CGI-command line?

Regards
Rob Atkinson

Stephen Lime wrote:

> Greetings: Been a month or so without a new version. Now that everyone was
> getting used to 3.211, I figured it's time to drop some new code on folks. Version
> 3.215 is now available from the Mapserver homepage (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu).
> There are several nice enhancements in this version (hence the jump from 11 to 15).
> Amongst the key features are:
>
>   - spatial indexing actually works (broke in 3.205)
>
>   - font antialiasing
>
>   - font rotation (partially supported)
>
>   - label filtering by removing duplicates and specifying
>     minimum feature size (lines only presently)
>
>   - new CGI variable called "layers" for turning on multiple
>     layers with one var (also a template substitution of the
>     same name. this is for Grzegorz.
>
>   - config.h is gone in favor of a runtime site config file
>     called mapserv.ini. .ini file must live with the mapserver
>     executables.
>
>   - config.h options interlace and transparent are now mapfile
>     parameters.
>
>   - zooming too far in or out doesn't generate a generic error. Instead
>     users are returned a map at the minimum or maximum scale specified
>     in the mapfile's web object. Seems complicated, but it's a good thing.
>
> Several speed ups with raster drawing and labeling are also part of
> the new code, as well as several fixes to help the NT port along.
>
> You can see a working 3.215 interface at:
>
>   http://thoreau.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/mapsearch.html
>
> As always. Comments, suggestions and bug reports always welcome.
>
> Steve
>
> Stephen Lime
> Internet Applications Programmer
> MIS Bureau - MN DNR
>
> (651) 297-2937
> steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us

Rob Atkinson                                                rob at socialchange.net
Director                                                        Mob 0419 202 973
Social Change Online Pty Ltd                                Ph  +61 (2)9557 6500
http://online.socialchange.net                              Fax +61 (2)9519 8940