offsite, transparent color, gd1.3

Ma marin at here.is
Tue Nov 2 08:52:08 EST 1999

> To build with 1.3 you should just have to switch
> the references in the Makefile to point to the other
dist. I don't know if 1.3 is where the GD
> lib went from column major to row major. If so there are
a few other fixes that have to happen.

I think it will be better to have gd1.3 instead gd1.2. In
this case we will have a mapserver with multilanguage
support (8-bit and 16-bit fonts support)   at least with
bitmap fonts. Which I think are enough at the beginning.
What do you think?

> GD is not used at all in processing TRUETYPE fonts
> so this will not remedy the character mapping issues
with latin chars. May fix that with BITMAP
> fonts assuming the GD version include those characters.
Haven't had time to test your sample

--
Ma