Image Cache

KIERAN AMES kames at keyspanenergy.com
Thu Nov 4 14:01:01 EST 1999

I've installed a port of Mapserv onto a NT4.0 machine and am now
experimenting. I've run across an implementation problem with regard to
images being cached.

I believe that image names are created with the map name concatenated to
the processID. In NT, process IDs don't run very high and are re-used.
Therefore, when a new image is created, the client browser sees an image
name and if it finds it in its local cache, it doesn't fetch the revised
image that was just created.

I can control this in regular cgi (Perl) by sending non-parsed headers
and delivering a "Pragma:No-cache" line in the http headers. Is there an
equivalent solution with MapServ on an NT platform?

Thanks very much.
Kieran Ames

PS. I'm new to MapServ, but I think its GREAT!