graduated color symbols and mapserver

Banister Trevor TBanister at SpaceImaging.com
Mon Nov 8 18:47:30 EST 1999

I was able to solve this to some extent by using the following expressions.
I'm not a regex guru, so some of these could sub optimal.

<Big ole' Kludge>

Suppose your range of numbers is 0-59 and you want 3 zones
Some of these expressions overlap, but it looks like the code is written so
the first matching expression encountered is enforced.

Zone 1: 2 classes to handle 0-19
[0-9]      Matches numbers from 0 to 9
[1-1][0-9] Matches numbers from 10 to 19

Zone 2: 1 class to handle 20-39
[2-3][0-9]

Zone 3: 1 class to handle 40-59
[4-5][0-9]