street labeling

Nathan Carr ncarr at guideguide.com
Tue Nov 23 08:49:44 EST 1999

I am presently struggling to display arcs(roads in Lyon,Fr) with vector
symbol scaling
and label orientation. Could somebody describe the definitions that are
needed for this.

For example how can I define a railway or motorway in the line symbol
file and have this
line and label scaled at different levels.
I have tried various combinations of the defs in the map file

Also the MAXSCALE and MINSCALE definitions seem to break the display

Also should I make a layer up of points for displaying as an
'annotation' layer instead of labels.

Stephen Lime wrote:
This is similar to how annotation layers are handles, but the difference
is with annotation the marker
 is drawn after any collision avoidance has been done so markers don't
overlap either.
Nathan Carr  ncarr at guideguide.com