mapserv.ini file going away.

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Nov 24 11:53:33 EST 1999

Greetings: This is just a heads up. I've come to the conclusion that using the .ini file is basically useless.
New versions of 3.3 will no longer require mapserv.ini. Rarely changed options such as expressions for
legal map and template file are moving into map.h and be changed at compile time. Contact_email goes
away since you can create your own error pages anyway. Other parameters get moved into the map file
itself (in the web object primarily). This should make managing apps easier as each one can have it's own log,
temporary image directory, etc... This also makes mapscript not quite as clunky, blah, blah, blah... You wll
have to ALWAYS include symbol and font set info though. From what I've seen most users are doing that
anyway.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst