request for comments...

Cameron Shorter cshorter at optusnet.com.au
Fri Oct 8 17:05:47 EDT 1999

Yes, I can see myself using such a feature.  What I am working toward is an
interface to modify map shapes.  The way I see it working is:

Split my web page into windows.
Window 1, the map window, contains a map.  From this window, an operator can
select a feature (like a road), and all the details of that object are copied
to window 2.  The operator can also enter a new feature, or update an old
feature by entering multiple points on the map window.

Window 2, the feature details window, contains all the vertex and data about
the selected feature.  When the opertor has finished updating the feature,
they press the SUBMIT button and the details are sent to the database to be
updated.