MapServ on Linux

Trem Stamp trem at socialchange.net.au
Thu Apr 13 00:59:44 EDT 2000

Does anyone have a clue as to what the following error may indicate:

getInteger(): Incorrect data type. (END):(8)

We have installed mapserv and the mapserv binary iteslf works, giving
the message:

No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty.

Having added relevant parameters to view the map:

ie. mapext=x1,y1,x2,y2
    mode=map
    map=file.map
    mapsize=400+300
    layer=layername (in mapfile),
and set up the mapfile to point to the correct shapefiles and their
location, I still get the above error message.

We currently have this exact map set up on SOLARIS, and we have no
problems viewing the map.

The shapefile dbf tables have the correct format (checked against our
working version).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Trem

--
Trem Stamp

trem at socialchange.net
Application Developer
Social Change Online Pty Ltd                Ph  +61 (2)9557 6500
http://online.socialchange.net              Fax +61 (2)9519 8940