PHP/MapScript demo application

Daniel Morissette danmo at videotron.ca
Sun Apr 16 19:05:46 EDT 2000

"Pericles S. Nacionales" wrote:

> It would be nice to see more of these applications added to the gallery.
> So, if you have one you'd like to share please send us (me) the URL along
> with a brief description of the application.  You might want to share the
> hardware and web server specs as well.

Hi Everyone,

A couple of weeks ago, we have done some work to implement a PHP module
that makes the MapScript functionality available in PHP3.  The module is
in a stable state now, and we have a demo that tests the PHP/MapScript
module using some canadian data.

The application also has an option to use a Java applet to add a toolbar
and allow dragging rectangles, circles, etc. on top of the map image...
use the toggle at the bottom left of the page to enable it.

This PHP/MapScript demo is at:
	http://www2.dmsolutions.on.ca/gmap/gmap75.phtml

Also, we are planning to make the PHP/MapScript module publicly
available... we just haven't packaged it yet... if any PHP developer out
there would like to give it a try then please let us know and we'll make
a package available.

Best Regards,
 Daniel Morissette                       danmo at videotron.ca
              http://pages.infinit.net/danmo/