Order of data(theme) being drawn

An Tay Nguy anguy at geoanalytic.com
Wed Apr 19 16:34:46 EDT 2000

Hi everyone,

I am using Map Server 3.3006 with PROJ4.0 support for
a sample web application. The order in which the themes
being drawn is very important for this application, raster
images being at the bottom...and so on.  By arranging
the Layer definition in the map file, I was able to
control which layer to draw first.  When I tried to
generate a legend from Map Server, the order of the
themes that appear in the legend is backward from what
is displayed in the map.  Theme that appear at the
bottom of the legend is displayed on the top most(the raster image).

Is this the intended functionality?  Am I missing
somthing?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

An Tay Nguy