non case sensitive search

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Aug 18 09:56:06 EDT 2000

Not with mapserver directly. The lack of functionality on the attribute
search is intentional at this point. There are much better tools available
for that type of processing that can easily be integrated with the
mapserver.

Preprocessing the data before sending it is another option. Who knows
what someone might type so some scrubbing of the search term is ALWAYS
a good idea. Javascript can be used to turn a users string into a case
insensitive regular expression without too much trouble.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Ma <marin at here.is> 08/09/00 05:21AM >>>
This syntax is not what I want and I don't think it is useful. Is there
other
way to perform search without matching the case?

---
Ma