Pericles S. Nacionales pnaciona at gis.umn.edu
Tue Feb 8 22:29:32 EST 2000

Steve,
  Some of the parameters that you used to specify on the mapserv.ini have
been incorporated into the map file.  I would recommend that you specify the
full path to your symbols and font sets (on the mapfile).  Also, when
defining the WEB object, use the keywords IMAGEPATH and IMAGEURL...  These
keywords should be in the map file documentation on the mapserver web site.

Here's an example map file:

NAME EX1
SHADESET "/usr/projects/demo/symbols/shade.sym"
MARKERSET "/usr/projects/demo/symbols/marker.sym"
LINESET "/usr/projects/demo/symbols/line.sym"
FONTSET "/usr/projects/demo/fonts/fonts.list"
STATUS ON
SIZE 600 600
UNITS METERS
SHAPEPATH "/usr/projects/demo/data"
IMAGECOLOR
... (stuff deleted)
WEB
    HEADER query/query_head.html
    TEMPLATE paths.html
    FOOTER query/query_foot.html
    MINSCALE 1000
    MAXSCALE 24000000
    IMAGEPATH "/usr/projects/tmp/"
    IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
END
---(other stuff follows)
END

If mapserv compiled properly on your machine, you most likely only need to
make the changes on your map files.

I hope this helps.

Perry Nacionales
pnaciona at gis.umn.edu