Trouble running demo

Daniel Morissette danmo at videotron.ca
Wed Feb 9 11:48:01 EST 2000

Vinod Chettur wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to run the MapServer demo on NT with Apache and AOLserver. After
> spending many frustrating days, I think I am doing something wrong with the
> demo.map file. I am a web/database developer but not a GIS expert so I am
> still coming to grips with the software. Here is the error I get:
> getInteger(): Incorrect data type. (END):(8)
> If someone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful. This
> software is great stuff. My demo.map follows.
> Thanks, Vinod

I ran into the same thing.  The workaround for me was to comment out the
following line in the .map file:

> LINESET /AOLserver/servers/server1/pages/ms_demo/symbols/line.sym

I'm not sure what the cause is, probably a change in the line symbol
file format???  I didn't look into it further because I didn't need
line.sym anyways.

Good Luck!
 Daniel Morissette                       danmo at videotron.ca
              http://pages.infinit.net/danmo/