MapServer Sites

imap at chesapeake.net imap at chesapeake.net
Thu Feb 10 02:16:42 EST 2000

I have a demo version of the AccuWeather FirstWarn MapServer
at  http://imap.chesapeake.net/firstwarn/firstwarn.html

The weather data is near realtime (5 minute intervals)

The controls for "saved views" and "animation" have been
stripped off on this version.  In the next few days, I
will to try to set up something that demonstrates the
animation on this web version (very cool).

It is also using a flawed version of Tiger/Line '97...
but still it works okay for my purposes.

If you zoom way in, you will see street labels, etc.
The fonts and markers are larger than normal mainly
because the "real" app is setup to display on NTSC (TV).

The app uses the java mapimage.newmap() is a little slow.
That is the main complaint.

Regards,

Chris

--