problem with class expression

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Sun Feb 13 23:41:18 EST 2000

Peter: What you're trying to do (in both examples) is not possible. That's not to say that there isn't another way to do it. So, exactly what are you trying to do?

Steve

<<< "Peter H.M. Jacobs" <peter.jacobs at vs42.nl>  2/13  8:33a >>>
Hello,

I'm having trouble with a class expression. This is the case

LAYER
   NAME Layer18Text # Straatnamen doorlopende wegen
   TYPE ANNOTATION
   STATUS DEFAULT
   DATA Layer18Text
   MAXSCALE 12000
   LABELITEM "TEXTSTRING"
   LABELANGLEITEM "TEXT_ANGLE"
   LABELSIZEITEM "TEXT_SIZE"
   CLASSITEM "TEXTSTRING"
   CLASS
     NAME SELECTED
 !!  EXPRESSION ([TEXTSTRING] eq [value]) #value is a cgi-variable from
MySQL It doesn't work !!
     SYMBOL 0
     COLOR 0 0 0
     LABEL
        ANTIALIAS
        COLOR 0 0 0
        FONT arial
	  TYPE TRUETYPE
        SIZE 20
        POSITION UR
     END
   END
   CLASS
	NAME NOTSELECTED
	EXPRESSION /./ #the rest
   END
END

If I try for example 'Markt' instead of [value] where I know that there is a
street Markt the expression is still not correct. I tried to use the feature
but this failed as well

FEATURE
	POINTS [shpmid]
      CLASS SELECTED