AML for initial mapfile creation

Erich Schroeder erich at museum.state.il.us
Thu Feb 17 06:20:35 EST 2000

Hi,
  I've hacked together a rough AML that will produce an initial mapfile
based on a series of coverages given by the user. It also converts the
arcinfo coverages to shapefiles and does very rough html init and template
files.

  I didn't see any references to routines like this in the archives, so I
went ahead. Partially, I just wanted to have something to offer before I
asked for help (see my next message).

The aml is available at:

http://museum.state.il.us/research/GISlab/mkmapserver.aml

There's lots to do with this, assuming that it has any use at all. Oh yes,
I've only run it on ARC Version 7.2.1 Patch 1 on solaris, and Mapserver
3.3.007 on SUSE 6.1 linux, and only two testings so far at that...

Erich

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      Internet: erich at museum.state.il.us
http://www.museum.state.il.us/ismdepts/anthro/staff/erich/erich.html