Polygon topology and map file generation

Marc JACQUIN marcjacquin at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 29 02:54:27 EST 2000

Hi MapServer guys,

I am enjoying MapServer (3.2) using it at C/C++ function level. For going further on, I am looking for algorithms (serious) for building polygons (Arcview style) from Polylines and/or Polygons sets. My searches on the web did not return anything reliable. I know the basics but it's a pain in ...

What I do is pure CGI in C/C++ using map file to GIF (PNG soon maybe) functions to generate the map. It is flexible ! So, for improving, I would like to know if someone has a set of functions or a library for generating map files (not parsing !). I am thinking about doing it but if someone did it before ...

Then something positive : some of you may not know the GD has been ported in Perl and Tcl.
See http://www.oreilly.com/openbook/cgi/ch06_03.html and follow Utilities and Applications link.

Things are running (Grrreat !) with Steve's stuff on NT but not in the standard configuration of MapServer. I added the Tiff lib and plan to use Proj4 soon. May help on NT !

Marc