query and legend, labels order, etc.

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Jan 25 23:11:13 EST 2000

Hmmm... Number 1 is puzzling. Sounds like your using a query map? The legend is rendered totally independently so I'm not sure what's going on. I did just find and fix a bug in the legend code that might fix it. Could you send an image, and legend and the map file so I could look at it.

Number 2 is easy if the data supports it. The key is to sort the shapefile based on some property like population. Use sortshp to order the shapefile from smallest to largest city. Labels are drawn from last in to first in so, the largest cities will be drawn first.

Steve

<<< Ma <marin at here.is>  1/25  5:26p >>>
Some questions:

1. When I do "itemnquery"  I get the selected features highlighted on
the map and I also get all the class symbols for the layer in the legend
with the same color!? I would like to have the classes in the legend
with they color from the map file. How is this possible?

2. Is it possible to create some order for the labels in one layer. For
example for the layer cities the labels of the bigger cities to be
always on the top. I got situation that the labels of the villages are
1st and I can't see the labels of the big cities.

Any ideas?

--
Ma