quakes.map in MapScript example?

John Frank jrf at segovia.mit.edu
Wed Jul 12 13:20:07 EDT 2000

Hi -- I'm new to mapscript and am trying to run the mapquakes.pl example
locally.  Does this line _create_ quakes.map or open an existing .map
file?

die $mapscript::ms_error->{message} unless $map = new
mapObj("mypath/quakes.map");

If it opens an existing one, is that file available somewhere?  I see that
as of last December, new mapObj does not create an "empty" mapObj.  Is
this still true?

Thanks!  John

John R. Frank      Ecology!     Solar!     N9WLY     www.mit.edu/~jrf

jrf at mit.edu			    cell: (617) 283-3999