Transparency

Doug Nebert ddnebert at fgdc.gov
Fri Jul 21 15:20:07 EDT 2000

All:

I would like to manufacture certain layers as being transparent outside
of the opaque features so they can be overlain on similar maps from
other servers. I want roads opaque, background transparent.

Is there a correct way to specify the transparent color bin to use,
through mapfile or other setting?  I am using mapserv with the old
gd that supports GIF format. I understand that the PNG files use a
different method for transparency, but would hope that this is
defined in a single way via map file. Is it defined at all?

Doug.

--
Douglas D. Nebert
Geospatial Data Clearinghouse Coordinator