client-side image-maps

Chris Fuhrman cfuhrman at tfcci.com
Thu Jun 1 07:53:52 EDT 2000

On Wed, 31 May 2000, John Carlson wrote:

> What do you think?  One of the things I'm worried about is that
> I'll have to do some transformations to get from map
> coordinates to image coordinates.

On the mapserver demo page, there's a script that will map current
earthquakes (http://arachnid.dnr.state.mn.us/cgi-bin/mapquakes.pl).  I've
found that looking through the code for the script to be very helpful in
coding an application that displays electrical outages in real
time.  Hopefully, this will help.

BTW: If anyone wants some nifty screen shots of what I'm doing, feel free
to drop me a line.

--
Chris Fuhrman           | Twenty First Century Communications
cfuhrman at tfcci.com      | Software Engineer