Problem with MS_3.3 Demo

Eric Schneider ehs at cs.wisc.edu
Sun Jun 4 19:11:35 EDT 2000

Hi,

   I'm having problems getting the 3.3 demo load properly.  I've unpacked
the demo files and I changed the cgi pathes, imagepath, and imageurl
pathes to match my server, but I still received the following error when
trying to initialize MS from demo_int.html:

msLoadSymbolFile(): Unknown identifier. ( ):(0)

  I don't know what part of the map file is generating this error.
Does anyone have any clues?

  Also, I'm having difficulty understanding Web Object's imagepath and
imageurl properties.  Specifically, in the documentation it says that the
web server must have a user configured with write permission for the
imagepath directory.  Right now I'm using Apache and I have nobody as the
user.  Will any security problems occur if I introduce a user with write
permissions?

Thanks in advance,

 -Eric