TIFFIsByteSwapped

Andrew E Long aelon at sph.umich.edu
Wed Jun 7 22:46:27 EDT 2000

Hi Folks,

I've got the ms_3.3.010 mapserver & demo running using the latest and
greatest of the usual software suspects (e.g. libtiff), but am crashing
ignominously when I get to the LandSat TM Image: if I try to display it,
all crashes. Checking the error log for my web server, I find

ld.so.1: mapserv: fatal: relocation error: file mapserv: symbol
TIFFIsByteSwapped: referenced symbol not found

	TIFFIsByteSwapped is definitely contained in the libtiff
distribution, and I find it in libtiff.so, which is in
/usr/local/lib.

	I've added the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to Apache (thanks Daniel
Morissette), which includes /usr/local/lib, i.e.

SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/ucblib:/usr/local/lib

	Any bright ideas, hints, or?

Thanks,
Andy