MINFEATURESIZE bug?

Sean O'Hagan seano at metavera.com
Mon Jun 12 13:57:24 EDT 2000

Hello list:

Has anyone come across something similar to the following?

I'm labelling a map (which is fairly dense in streets) on which I noticed a
labelling error. The label for one of the streets had been pushed about 30
pixels to the left of where it should have been. I had not included
MINFEATURESIZE in the map file (found at the end of this message), so I
started playing around with it, starting at a high value and working
downwards finally reaching the value "1". At this point, the map looked
fine: the street in question was labelled properly, and all the streets were
labelled. However, when I set MINFEATURESIZE to 0 or remove it altogether,
the original problem returns.

Any thoughts, any more info required? Thanks,

Sean O'Hagan
Metavera Solutions, Inc.
192 Spadina Ave., Suite 405
Toronto, ON