labelObj in mapscript ?

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Jun 22 11:43:16 EDT 2000

Since there are no formal methods for label objects most of the documentation
is simply the labelObj parameters in the map file docs. Labels are part of classes,
scalebar and legend objects and are accessed through those. Syntax is simple:

  $class->{label}->{size} = 12;
  $map->{scalebar}->{label}->{color} = $map->addColor(0,0,0);

There are 2 exceptions to the params in the mapfile docs, ANGLE and MINFEATURESIZE
when using the AUTO keyword. Instead use:

  $class->{label}->{autoangle} = 1;
  $class->{label}->{autominfeaturesize} = 1;

Will add this to the new site...

Steve

>>> "Doyon, Jean-Francois" <Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca> 06/22/00 09:22AM >>>
Exactly how are Label Objects handled with mapscript ? I don't see any
labelObj type method defined in the docs ...

I'm trying to put labels together for a class for an annotation type layer
... (Cites w/ names)

Or ar the Label parameters just part of the class ? can I go $class->{type}
= 'Bitmap' ?

Thanks,

Jean-Francois Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Natural Resources Canada
(613) 992-4902

Stephen Lime