Tiled Data and Queries

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Jun 22 14:58:48 EDT 2000

It's on the "to do" list and with point based queries it should be pretty
simple to implement. Actually I had that working in version 2 but pulled
that support to implement the more complex queries. The problem is
when more than a single tile is involved which would often be the case
with bounding box or feature queries. I'm not sure how I want to handle
features that span tiles. My guess is that some sort of keyitem will have
to be maintained to be used for de-duping the results at least for tabular
display. QueryMaps want the dups though so it gets messy quick.

Have you tried using the quadtree indexes? (i.e. shptree) Even with large
files that should be faster than querying tiled data.

If anyone has other ideas, let me know...

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Jim T. Bowen (GAIA Consultants Inc.)" <bowenj at peligroso.gaiaenv.com> 06/20/10 09:31AM >>>
Hi all,

It would be nice to be able to query tiled data.

Right now we are adding a monster theme as a queryonly layer in addition
to individual tiles.  It works; however, it can be quite slow.  When I
have a moment, I will explore a better option...it should be fairly
straight forward.

Steve, any plans to incorporate querying tiled data in the next release
(please, please)  :)

Cheers,
Jim