PERL,PHP,CGI

Jim T. Bowen (GAIA Consultants Inc.) bowenj at peligroso.gaiaenv.com
Fri Jun 23 09:37:04 EDT 2000

Hi all,

Thanks to John for the intro. to PHP, Perl, and CGI.  My $0.02 worth...

I would like to emphasise that PHP is a powerful scripting language.
Although PHP is well known for its database support, it does contain a
suite of inherent functions along with the capability to create
user-defined functions, classes, and objects (to name a few).  The PHP
interpreter can be included in a web server as a module or executed as a
separate CGI binary.  We have were initially turned on to PHP to
establish database connections with PostgeSQL, but are now using it for
a host of web-based programming endeavours.

If you want more details on PHP and its capabilities, check out:

http://www.php.net/manual/

Cheers,
Jim