mapserv & PHP

Peter H.M. Jacobs peter42 at dds.nl
Sun Mar 5 20:18:24 EST 2000

Hello,

A year ago there were some meesages about the combination of mapserv and
PHP. Stephen explained that it is immpossible to combine them because the
results of mapserv are sent directly to the user instead of Apache.
I use PHP in the template files and make the template files update the
shapefiles (using mascript). This works OK.
I have 1 other remark. I'm testing a WAP way for the mapserv that will be
able to fetch all the information to local mobile phones (I think the
Wireless Application Protocol=WAP is European, but I'm not sure)
If anyone is interested, please mail me

Regards,

Peter