undefined symbol when using mapscript

Chris Fuhrman cfuhrman at tfcci.com
Mon Mar 6 13:21:14 EST 2000

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Frank Koormann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am not that familiar with mapscript (and perl) but what version of
> the gd-library is installed on your system ? The developers dropped
> gif-support from the library due to the licence issues with Unisys
> (they hold a patent on the LZW data compression used by the gif format).
> Newer versions of gd (>= 1.6 ?) support only png-format (which is not a
> limitation IMO). MapServer is alrady reflecting this by a define-rule
> to be set in the makefile (GD=-DUSE_GD_1_6).

I'm using the version of gd-lib that comes with mapserv (gd-1.2) which
looks like it still supports GIF.  I've tried recompiling everything
(including mapscript) and re-installing to no avail.

If there is any additional information you need, please let me know.

--
Chris Fuhrman
cfuhrman at tfcci.com

Public Encryption Key Available Upon Request