undefined symbol when using mapscript

imap at chesapeake.net imap at chesapeake.net
Tue Mar 7 00:55:45 EST 2000

Chris,

I'd recommending building the libraries locally, and link GD (possibly
others) statically.   The dynamic libraries could be a problem, especially if
they are NFS mountes.  Sounds like a questionable practice to me.

With 3.3.007 make sure that the mapscript "Makefile.PL" uses the
same -D defines as the mapserv Makefile.  That one, I had to tweak
by hand.

That is about the only other suggestions I can make.

-Chris

--

Chris Stuber (mapsurfer)
Silicon Mapping Solutions, Inc.