Possible explanation for undefined symbol problem...

Chris D. Faulhaber jedgar at fxp.org
Tue Mar 7 09:39:53 EST 2000

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Stephen Lime wrote:

> This is strange though. I just installed all this on an Alpha running RH6.1 with no problem. There was another version of GD installed on that box as well. Anyone know if -L./gd takes precedence over anything found in default library locations (i.e. /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib) or the other way around?

Normally the system compiler (assuming gcc) will search predefined paths
(/usr/lib) before searching user-specified paths unless you specify the
compiler option '-nostdlib' before the '-L', in which it will search only
the specified paths.

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar at fxp.org - jedgar at FreeBSD.org